Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line and Bar in same Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalclear100

Technical User
Nov 24, 2004
NL
We have a productivity ratio for our office and production departments.

I would like to show the ratio for the office and production departments as bars in a chart. The total ratio for our company should be shown as a line in the same chart.

Can somebody please point me into the righ direction.

Regards,

Marc Huijbregts

I don't think you can - definitely not in Crystal 10, and you should give your version.

You should be able to do two charts, maybe in the report header and footer.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i'm using Crystal Reports XI.

I already have solved it, as you proposed, by using 2 charts. We used to have this report in Excel and i am trying to get it in CR.

Hopefully you know how this might work in CR XI.

Regards,

Marc

If the scales are the same for both charts, you could format one to have everything transparent except the line, and then you could lay it on top of the other chart.

-LB

Hi,
I've seen this done in a CR XI manual, but I don't have it to hand. I will try to locate it and post the reference later.
tr

Hi,
Line and Bar in same chart is shown in p231 of the book "Special Edition Using Business Objects Crystal Reports XI" by Fitzgerald, published by Que.
I saw this in the bookshop next door.
I didn't buy it because it didn't have an answer to a question I have - how to display crosstab totals, and the data that make them up, in one chart.
tr

You absolutely can use a bar and line in the same report, where you start by using bars and then once the report is previewed, you can select a series and change the series type to line, but I think the issue here is the attempt to get both a total and the elements contributing to the total in the same chart. It seemed to me the easiest solution was the overlay--if it worked in this case.

-LB

I guess LB is right. The problem is that the total & the elements contributing to that total are in the same chart.

I have been solving this matter, as LB sugested, with the overlay. Untill Business Objects adresses this with the appropriate tool the overlay looks like the best solution.

Unless, of course someone has done this before.

Regards,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back