Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

econotel

Vendor
Feb 23, 2007
US
Customer has a Meridian system with 3 lines all on Pool-1. They need to Call Forward at the end of the day.

When they press Intercom button they get line 3 first but they need to access line 1.

They do not want lines to appear on the sets

Can I program the system to one or both of the following:
1) Start dial out on line 1,2,3 instead of 3,2,1?
2) Can I program a feature button to dial a line access code and the specific trunk line in this case C/O line-01?

The way line pools in Norstar work are they grab the last available trunk in the line pool group for outdialing. To my knowledge, this can't be changed. You can cheat the system by putting line one on trunk three, line two on trunk two, line three on trunk one, etc. Therefore, when they grab a line pool they will grab line one first if it is available.

If the lines appear on any phones, you could then move their appearance around on the set using F*81.

F64X (X being the line pool code #), is the feature you could program under a key for line pool access.

Can I allow all sets to dial out on all lines in lets say pool 1 and then also assign line 1 to pool 2 and use a feature code and button to access line 1 when they press that button?

Or what if I assign line one to a dial out code of 8 as well as 9.

When 8 is dialed it picks up only line 1?

I'm pretty sure that the LINE programming only allows you to assign the trunk to Public, Private, or a choice of Line Pools, but no more than one.

So for example on Partner the customer can dial a line access code to access a specific line.

Is there such a thing on Meridian? If they just pick up the I/C and dial lets say 64X ( x is the the line number ) they woudl then get dial tone for that line?

If the lines are being accessed vis the pool, they would hit intercom and the pool access code where the line is assigned.

Pool A- Access to Pool A= 9- Line 1 assigned to Pool A- Intercom then 9

Pool B- Access to Pool B= 8- Line 2 assigned to Pool A- Intercom then 8

Pool C- Access to Pool C= 7- Line 3 assigned to Pool A- Intercom then 7

What will happen if in this 3 line hunt group the station users dial 9 from three sets. Will they only get one of these lines or will they be able to still access all three lines even if I assign one to Pool-B.

Should I place them all in Public and use a line access code?

Also, can I get all lines to ring on all sets via the IC button even if I do not dsiplay the line numbers on the sets using a button.

This customer has a the buttons used up with features and just 2 IC buttons.

How many phones you playing with. Appearance and Ring settles all your problems they can choose the open lines for outdialing and no need for codes or even appearance only

MIKE

I wouldn't reccommend assigning each co to a separate pool. Either tell the customer that they need to have one set with line appearances, or do as Crowtalks suggested, and reverse their order on the punch block, so when the customer hits 9 for an outside line, they get line 1 first.

Appearance and ring are not available with this version only the RINGING option is showing as availble.

All Norstar systems allow line appearances.

What type of system are we talking about? Model/sw revision?

The only phones that do not allow A&R are analog phones or 7100 phones.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back