Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line 4 is silent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawalla

MIS
Jul 16, 2002
CA
I have just installed a CICS 7 system with Cp 100 and 6 M7310 phones. I have 4 lines that are active. However, I am only geeting dialtones on the phones for lines 1, 2, and 3. Line 4 shows up on a button but it is silent. Help!

Sounds like your dial tone isn't getting into the switch. Have you checked to make sure the line is good at the demarc? Is there lightning protection between the demarc and the switch? If so, check for a blown lightning arrestor.
If all of that is good, it's likely a bad port on the trunk card.

Deelee74,
The line is god at the demarc. There is dialtone at the amphenol connection. No lightning protection.

If the the line is programed correctly then move it to line 3 position.If it works the line 4 port is bad.

I have had problems with cics before one thing you could try is to disable and reseat the trunk card. Sometimes this will clear them up. If not do what Cook says above.

Excellent isolation technique pointed out by cook1082.

When you have a "known good" item and a "suspect bad" item, switch the two and see what is causing the trouble.

This very fundamental but often unknown technique can save thousands of dollars over a career.

Maybe the 25pr Trunk cable wasn't punched down correctly on the 66 block.

Line 4 should be on the Red/Blue pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back