Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

limiting the number of reciepients

Status
Not open for further replies.

edie209

MIS
Sep 18, 2000
Hello

I know this can be done but I'm not sure quite how to!

I work in a school and students are emailing everyone in the school, what I need to do is limit the amount of people they can email in one go, but allowing Teachers to remain the same.

Thankyou

Marc

you can limit the use of distribution lists that are server based. This can be done in the restrictions tab for the distribution container. Students can just as easly high light all the users in the gaL and I know of know way to limiting that.

In our company we use restrictions for all users by using a registry setting at the server where exchange resides. If this setting is used the only possibility to mail to a larger amount then set is using distributionlists created by an exchange-administrator (user-distributionlists are delimited as wel). Therefor we have seperate lists for different groups to send to (for example: every one in the company, all users on one locations, etc).

I do not know or there is a possibility to grand the use of the distributionlists. If that's possible than you have your solution.
For using the delimiter registrysetting search in the microsoft knowledge base for article Q200389.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back