Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit to the # of panes to PC Wallboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaphein

Technical User
Aug 4, 2005
CA
Hi,

On PC Wallboard there is a limit of 20 panes possible (A pane being one square containing information : Lost calls, Calls in Q, etc).

Do you know why it's limited to 20 and how to override it? If impossible do you know how to run multiple PC wallboards on the same PC?

TIA for your help :)

I had a client report this to me lately.

When I've setup wallboards, I have not noticed the problem and I have had lots of panes (but I've never counted).

I haven't had chance to look into it yet, but here's what I was going to try...

Try splitting the wallboard into two panes, right down the middle. Then work on only one side, and try to get 20 panes onto that one side. After that, if you can't split the free big pane which you have left, you know it's not going to work.

Let me know your results ;-)

Using multiple sessions on a dual output video card and two monitors. Sounds like fun

20 seems to be the max. You can use the wallboard server to send more info the scrolling area though

Dual output is the right idea. We're doing that so a PC can use CCV and still send the wallboard to a plasma.

JeSTeROCK, do you know how this will affect the licensing if it's running two wallboards? I assume you would need two wallboard licences because they get allocated when the wallboard logs in.

I would say two but to be honest i haven't checked. Most of my sites usually have more pc wallboard licenses than required.

mytelecoms, How do you run multiple sessions ? with ati software ? or microsoft ?

We don't do multiple sessions, what I meant was the dual output bit. We use two displays to get CCV and PC Wallboard onto a PC screen and a plasma from one PC. Windows XP easily handles two displays, and you can drag applications from one screen to the other quite easily.

I guess you could do it as two sessions with something like MS Virtual PC, although I think that only handles one display at a time.

Does CCC not allow you to launch the wallboard application twice? I've never tried. Either way, I think it'll use two licences.

CCC permits running two concurrent wallboard sessions (to my surprise) but this requires two "agents", and two wallboard licenses. The solution is unfortunately too expensive in licenses just for this specific hardcoded limit problem.

I really appreciate your input! Keep the good ideas coming! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back