Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit Scroll Capabilities within Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenRitch

Technical User
May 20, 2003
US
I have a spreadsheet that someone else created, and he somehow limited how far I can scroll both vertically & horizontally within the worksheet. How is this done?

Basically, you can only scroll as far as there's data that you're allowed to see. I know there's more data but I cannot scroll there (I know it's there because I changed the view to 45% and could see it).

Thanks

Tools > Options, on the View tab toggle whether or not scroll bars are even available under Window Options (Horizontal Scroll Bar and Vertical Scroll Bar).

"limited how far I can scroll both vertically & horizontally" seems to suggest that you do have scroll bars, but cannot scroll all the way to the end. But then you say, " I know there's more data but I cannot scroll there (I know it's there because I changed the view to 45% and could see it)" which suggests that the scroll bars are the problem.

In any case, if you do see scroll bars, they probably hid the other cells. [Ctrl]+[A] to select all cells, then right-click on any column or row title and choose Unhide.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

Going in to the VBE, and clicking on the appropriate sheetname in the Project window, and then using the Properties window to set the ScrollArea property, will control the scrolling as you describe.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Bam!!! I changed the ScollArea properties within the Workbook's Open event and that did the trick.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back