Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit Record in Form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhtraven

Technical User
Dec 10, 2000
US
Hi all

I am trying to make a form open to just one record, and the user be able to edit that record. This is probably easy, but i am having a brain cramp and cannot get it to work. THe form also has a subform in the tab control.

i tried to use the find next command button, but i am using an autonumber for the field to be queried and it just will not work.

Any help is appreciated

Raven

you could create a query that would produce the single record, and set the data source properties of the form to the query

impulse

i have used the query builder in the properties of the form, i found thru the access help files that i have too many tables for the original query to allow updates. BUT i found if i change the recordset property to dynaset(inconsistant updates) it works. <allows edits> Now the word inconsistant updates is making me leary of using this.

Here is how i have the 3 tables set up:

tblone:
tblonefield < autonumber>
Bunch of other fields

tbltwo:
tblonefield <number> many field to tblone
4 other fields

tblthree:
tblonefield<number> many field to tblone
5 other fields

So, i guess my question is do i have the relationships wrong and that is why the form wont allow edits? Or is it just because i have not used all the fields from all the tables on one form ... ?

thanks for your help
Raven

You must include the Primary key of each table in the query of the recordsource to make the form updateble

THank you yduckfr!! how could i have missed the obvious?

Thanks
Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back