Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

limit on non-related queries for 1 report??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingz2000

Programmer
May 28, 2002
DE
Hi,

is there a limit to the amount of queries I can refer to on 1 report in crystal report X?? As I added the 4th query, and by the way none of the 4 queries are related, I got a message saying that it can't support all the queries. Ho wcan I get around this??

If the queries are "unrelated" in the sense that you can't join them, shouldn't you be using subreports? Having unjoined tables in the Database Expert will generally produce very strange results.

Or am I misunderstanding the issue?

Duncan

well, to give the details, I have one query which gives me the month and year of the report. Another query gives me the number of transportations a lorry has made. The third query gives me the number of work days in the month. The 4th query is concerned with data in the detailed section.

I guess they are all related to the month and year, but I am holding them seperate. Is it necessary to link them then???

You're likely to find that without joining the tables, Crystal will generate a data set that is the Cartesian product of all the queries - like a cross join. This will not only be wrong (hideously wrong), but will take an exceptionally long time to run and sort.

Build one query that contains everything you need, or alternatively put each bit of information into its own subreport and embed these into a container report.

Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back