Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit Export Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

glewis1636

Programmer
Apr 26, 2004
US
Is it possible to create an "on demand" report with NO export capabilities?

I'm currently using SQL 2000, and my users are accessing the reports through GM+Views in Goldmine. (Basically a browser within Goldmine). I have some reports that I'd like for them to be able to export, but one in particular that I need to be view only.

Thanks,
Paul

I'm not sure on doing this based on individual reports though. I'll see if I can turn anything up if you don't find it before hand or someone posts the solution

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
You may get help by means of code here. Just recall what happens to a rat when he eats the cheese off a rat trap while you're Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V'ing that code as your own[/sub]

scratch that last reply. it's late. the article discusses individual export options

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
You may get help by means of code here. Just recall what happens to a rat when he eats the cheese off a rat trap while you're Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V'ing that code as your own[/sub]

Thanks, OnPnt, but unless I'm missing something, this article only mentions that it should be possible to limit the export properties for a single report, not that it is possible or how to do it. I've looked in several places, and while it seems that others have this same question, no one seems to have the answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back