Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit call time for an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitechbuzz

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
NZ
Hi Everybody
I have a problem where several extensions make excessively long calls we would like to cut them off after say 15 minutes. Cheers Brian

Cheers Brian
To see is to know To Know is to see

Version of BC please.
If You have BC 12.1 it is no problem.

----------------------------------
If anything can go wrong, it will.

(Murphy's Law)

Hi,

MCOST on Extensions can be utilised in your case but you need to have 16/12 KHZ pulse information from your provider..

In our case, we inserted a patch on the route/TLP11 & after that we are able to control long duration calls on routes limited with trunks..

Cheers,

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

Sorry yes it is BC12 not sure of service pack
Brian

Cheers Brian

It's, according to my ALEX (SP6), unfortunately only for Analogue or Generic.

cadap; on ur system and print here please;
there's a patch for SP5 and higher

East Or West Google Is The Best

<cadap;
CALENDAR DATA
IDENTITY=
VERSION=CXP1010111/2/BC12SP6/R3B
14:20:20
THU 06 APR 2006
END

Most of agreed that its should be working in BC12.1 but you did not put any details how to make it going. Are you sure its not market dependent patch?

Hi VMPOP
I will do that on Monday I am on day off at moment. What I have done is change the COS so they can't make Local Pstn calls but they are getting mates to call in and then Hog the lines i/c for hours.
Thanks Guys Brian

Cheers Brian

Hi VMPOP
If there is a Patch, we are all looking for it.
Could you please tell us about that patch and which parameter to change it in Extension to make time adjustment for cutting of the call after some time (let's say 5,10,15,...Minutes)

Thanks in advance

Regards
MD110User

hello guys
the patch is done by a programmer and he askes for money for it,
it changes TLP11 and PRM program units,
to apply the patch and the parameters of VARO & VARC to apply the patch for certain route and to adjust the time limit,
for every extension the ROC parameter will aloow or not the extension to use that patch or not.

East Or West Google Is The Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back