Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Like to know some good reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbj

Programmer
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hi All,
I am new to rexx field. I need to develop a tool on Mainframes Using REXX & TSO/ISPF commands. Can anyone suggest some books or online materials which will be helpful for a REXX starter like me.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks,
BBJ

Look for a Copy of the Original: A Practical Approach to PRogramming by Mike Cowlishaw.

Also, the REXX books by Anthony Rudd are a good source of examples in the mainframe world.

Check on for more information...

bobham

You also should remember that Rexx is the full screen version of exec and exec2. Look under CMS the baby brother of MVS there is a lot of information out there Look for the famous Pizza program provided by IBM ( an wexample in the back of old manuals)

Hi,
MVS TSO Part2 - Commands and Procedures is a good reference for building TSO/ISPF panels etc, it also includes some REXX as well. I have found it useful.

JOHNB546

The IBM REXX Reference and User Guide manuals are freely available via the net in both HTML and PDF format at the IBM site. Acrobat Reader (to view downloaded PDF files on your machine) is available at for free.

The User Guide is an excellent follow-on after reading an introductory text. Many and varied (system and application) ISPF Edit and DS List REXX macros are available at again for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back