Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LightStream 1010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBowen

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
I have posted this on the ATM forum but got no joy so I thought I would try here

I manage an ATM switched network comprising 5 ATM Lightstream 1010 switches, every so often one of the interfaces on the a 1010 restarts itself. The exact error message in the log is

" %ATM-4-ILMICONFIGCHANGE: ILMI(ATM11/1/1): Restarting ATM signalling and ILMI. Peer Configuration change detected.
Feb 5 20:01:51.547: %ATM-5-ATMSOFTSTART: Restarting ATM signalling and ILMI on ATM11/1/1"

There has been no peer configuration change !

I believe it is a media problem as oppose to config, any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Daniel,
If you have a CCO account, you can go to the Cisco website and request the hard copy of documentation. In your case request (free of charge with CCO),
"Cisco IOS Software Error Messages" OR search the Cisco website for the particular error message.

Ok, now for the answer.
Page 214 of the same title mentioned above.

ERROR-" %ATM-4-ILMICONFIGCHANGE: ILMI(ATM11/1/1): Restarting ATM signalling and ILMI. Peer Configuration change detected.
Explanation: Configuration of adjacent peer device has been changed.
Recommended Action: Wait for the interface to restart itself.

Page 212 of the same title mentioned above.
ERROR %ATM-5-ATMSOFTSTART: Restarting ATM signalling and ILMI on ATM11/1/1"
Explanation: The command just entered causes ATM Soft Restart
Recommended Action: Stand by and let ATM Signaling and ILMI to restart

. . . Now that really clears it up. :<

Since I am NOT that experienced with ATM, someone else needs to explain this message - TO ME the answers are it's just about as useless as the error message.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back