Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

licensed logon limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

blainem

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2002
CA
I am running Citrix 1.8 w/ NT 4.0 SP6. I have 15 base licenses (citrix) and 5 additional licenses. For some reason, Citrix is not releasing the licenses and subsequent users are not able to logon (server reached licensec logon limit). In the ica connection configuration, a broken or timed out session is set to disconnect; there is an idle time setting set for disconnection, etc. I have tried several things to fix this problem with the licensing. I know that we do not have more than 15 (ica) users logged on at any one time. Users that connect through rdp can log in without the licensing issue.
To allow users to login again, I have to reboot the server every 2 days... Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Blaine

Were they using Win95/98?
It's most likely that the licenses granted to the users were only temporary.
Try to remove them and reconnect again so they can re-acquire the license.

Bing

Set the broken or timed out connections to "reset", this releases the concurrent ICA licens when the server kills the connection.

Hope to have helped a bit.

//Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back