Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

lantgeo

Programmer
Sep 11, 2006
US
Hello all, not sure how many have this situation or problem. We have 49 and growing sites, each has a 3300 clustered. As I type this we are in Major violation, this happens often. Our network is very unstable, either due to power outtages or data circuits going down, this causes my phone systems to go down with the network causing license violations. I'm guessing this is Mitel's way of checking valid licenses but I wish they would find another way. There has been two times that we have reached Critical status and I had to ask our vender to call Mitel to reset our violations before system lock. Anyway, I guess this is just a vent but does anyone have this issue or know a way around it. Thanks

I am guessing you are using vMCD or have a cluster using DLM?

We have UPS but smaller units that's good for only a couple of hours, the data circuit issues are more frequent than the power outages. Sadly some of our locations are in areas where cabling is just old with no infrastructure investment from the phone companies.

I feel your pain. I work for a phone company that refuses to replace copper cable. Very frustrating to customers and the techs that have to constantly repair the lines.

Look if you are going to use a DLM then you need a stabel network. The master needs to seet the AMC and the other systems need to see the master. Have seen a number of sites that get various type of license errors and once they fix the network issue the issues have problem always went away.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back