Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebtj

Technical User
Dec 12, 2008
Looking for some info on transferring avaya licenses from a US system, to a system in the UK.

Thanks

Jim

Got this from a avaya channel engineer:

1. License moves across international borders are strictly prohibited. License moves are only allowed within the tax borders of the original country where the licenses were purchased. For EMEA this means that this is allowed anywhere within the European Union (EU); or if it concerns a country outside the EU, the licenses can be moved/merged within the original country where the licenses were purchased.

Three reasons exist for this restriction:

a) Import tariff laws - most countries require import tariffs for goods moving across borders. Since licenses are a non-physical item they will not pass through a country’s import control office and be subjected to the necessary tariffs.

b) Currency valuations are different in each country.

c) There also may be services issues associated with moving licenses into other countries. Existing service contracts would nee need to be terminated and a new service agreement initiated with the appropriate Avaya legal entity.

Wildcard

thanks so much for the info.

What a bunch of crap. If I buy a product why can't I use it where I need it?

I received some info stating that if i have an ESLP (Enhanced Software License Protection) agreement that this would be possible. Don't think i have that but is that the case if I did?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back