Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Problem with WebLM after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dergniz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2010
DE
Hello everyone,
since the upgrade to 11.1 we have the problem that we cannot upload a license to the WebLM.
"Corrupted file found" (see screenshot)

WebLM_eut3ht.png

The system runs with the previous license without any problems.
We have already regenerated the license in PLDS, unfortunately without success.
Does anyone have any ideas what else we can try?
Would be nice if we didn't have to rebuild the server because of this error?
By the way, it is a Dell hardware server

maybe there is a possibility to copy the xml-file into the server, of course it would be important to know

- file name
- owner and rights
- file directory
- etc....

Thanks for any tips and have a nice weekend

RoPo

The license file contains a unique checksum (signature) that becomes invalid if the file is edited in anyway. That error message may imply that WebLM thinks that has happened. It can occur if someone tries to look at the file contents in anything other than a plain text editor (smart apps like Word and Excel are not smart as they automatically change the contents thinking they are being helpful).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

i know,
unfortunately the message appears without the file having been opened with any editor or similar programs,
directly from the plds download

Try not to rename the xml file. Use the original generated name on the xml. It will Work.

Did OP ever get a solution that didn't involve rehosting Licenses? I am helping an other vendor and don't have PLDS access to the licenses, and didnt want to fill out CAT just yet.
but we are seeing the exact same issue with a customer site.

Try and delete the current license file in WebLM and reinstall the license.

I have access to their licenses, and feal rehosting to the SE is the option, I just wonder how long I have to experiment once I delete the licenses before the systems will have issues?
this customer has some wild uptime expectations ( medical) and I just need to know if I delete the license file to see if that allows me to update the file on WebLM then Im good... but if it doesnt and the file is now deleted how long till poop hits the fan?

You can always rehost it to the Primary. Solve all your problems.
You have 30 days grace on the system in license error mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back