Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

license manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgills

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2001
US
Help! I inherited this mess and I’ve tried the MS Tech Notes but none have helped.

The site has 3 servers ( a PDC and 2 BDCs). All the necessary licenses have been purchased and added into License manager. Yet, only 20 users can log on. The workaround was to create administrator accounts for the users so they can log on. Which, is nuts.

Is it possible that if I turn off the License Logging Service, this problem will be go away? Then, I can return those admin accounts back to normal user accounts?

Are you using per server or per client? Can you access the MS License service on all of the servers? if not NT may have been installed using an MSDN or eval copy which only allows 10 users. If you are using per server you may want to change to per client. This method allows pc's to access multiple servers using one license.

There's actually both per server and per client (with the bulk of the licenses set as per seat). I can view the license manager on all 3 servers however I cannot access licensing through the control panel. So, I assume this a NFR version but, It allows 20 users to logon instead of just 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back