Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Login Limit exceeded- but it isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

awayman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2002
US
We are getting the following error when clients try to connect to our Citrix server:
The system has reached its license login limit. Please try again later.
[User clicks “OK”]
You do not have access to log on to this session.

* Usually when this happens, less than 10 (inconsistent number)of our 35 Citrix licenses are in use.
* When this happens, a user that is an administrator on the server can still log in.
* Rebooting the server always fixes the problem- for a while
* "For a while" in the previous bullet is anywhere from 4 hours to a day and a half
* I've re-installed our License packs for Citrix
* I've scheduled a nightly job to clean the print spooler & reboot the server
* The connection settings in the connection configuration are set to an Unlimited Max. connection count
* Server administration doesn't show excessive disconnected sessions that aren't releasing
* The clients are (nearly) all Windows 2000 machines, with a few NT machines and a 9x machine here and there.
* NOTHING HAS CHANGED on the server recently that I know of; this problem just started a week or two ago, and our server has been in production well over a year.
*My only guess is that an old Citrix client is accessing the server and messing something up, but I don't believe that one myself.

Please submit your suggestions, or send me winning lottery tickets so that I can get out of IT. =}

FIXED! I spoke with a Citrix rep about this and he told me to go into the Client Connection Configuration app and recreate the "listeners" for rdp and ica connections. Basically, make sure everyone is logged off. Delete the rdp and ica connections, reboot the server and recreate them. I've been dealing with this issue for a long time, but this finally fixed the logon limit issue. What happens is the "Listener" for the incoming ica and rdp connections becomes corrupt.

Hope this helps you, it did me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back