Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joearmitage

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2001
GB
I have installed Metaframe XP Presentation server for windows, but when I start the machine up I get the message 'The following Citrix product is installed but has no licenses: Metaframe XP 1.0 for Windows. I have looked in Management Console under licenses and the following are activated:
Metaframe Xps 1.0 for Windows - product - unlimited
Metaframe Xps 1.0 Connection Pack - connection - 5
Metaframe Xps 1.0 Connection Pack - connection - 5

I can then logon remotely using one session, but when somebody else tries to logon they get a message saying 'The system was not able to acquire a Citrix product license. The IMA service may not be running.'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I believe the problem will be that your server is running at Feature release 3 but you have no feature release 3 licenses installed.
You need to go to myCitrix and fulfill your licenses and get your FR3 license code. install AND activate it.

or

Right click on your server in the management console and set the feature release level to none until you get the FR3 licenses.

Cheers
Scott

Mark,
Thanks very much, I think you have just solved this.
I changed feature release level to none, and now I don't get the dodgy message, and more that one user can logon.
I'm off to enquire about the fr3 licence now.
Thanks again.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back