Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License issue since Etrust reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMCBackup

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a Win2K3 server which I had BS 11.5 SP2 installed. This worked just fine. It was then noted that the install of Etrust was running in admin mode.

Our NT support uninstalled and reinstalled Etrust, and this now works. However, the Brightstor application now no longer thinks its licensed. Heres the killer, the BAOF and Client Agent DOES think its licensed, even when the ca.olf is removed.

Any ideas??

You can relicense the product, but before you do that you need to remove the existing license information in the registry.

Rename the below folders

315C (Brighstor Arcserve for windows)
315v (Client agent for windows)
315Z (Open file agent for windows)

found in the below location in the registry

HKLM\Software\Computer Associates\License\Products

Now relicense them from the Manager.

If this does not help call the licensing support from Ca.

I tried exporting them and deleting them, but i cant use the tool as i dont have the long serial numbers it asks for?

CA licensing provide me premade .olf files. It works for every other installation.

Im tempted to get the server reimaged

So if you use a ca.olf then its most likly the license folder being corrupt

1)Search for a folder called ca_lic
2)Rename the folder to ca_lic_old
3)From the sp2 download -- Browse to INTELNT\LICENSE you will find an executable called baseinst.exe run the same
4) This will create a new ca_lic folder
5) copy and paste the ca.olf that you have been provided by ca licensing to the ca_lic folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back