Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licence for terminal server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha0

MIS
Apr 14, 2003
CA
I want to use my 2003 Server as Terminal to let 15 users connect from Wise Teminals stations. Right now I got 5-user OEM Licence. What kind of Licence should I purchase?

You'll need 10 more CALs plus you'll need 15 TS licneses also. Don't forget to install TS Licensing on some server, somewhere in your domain.

So CALs and TS licenses go sepatate:(
Thank You.

Is it possible to have the Windows Server for SBS Premium Edition 2003 to run as terminal server by adding TS licenses in the same box? Though i have SQL server running too on the SBS 2003, and have only 5 (remote) users from other office to connect in order to run an application.

Awaiting your earliest help!!

Regards,
MJ

i was told that for dumb terminals (WYSE), that normal CALs are not needed at all!!!...

is this true?

thanks for that 58Sniper, maybe you can add a post to my thread about two down from this one on same page.....Licensing Issue with 2000 and 2003 on same domain..

much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back