Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licclint.exe will not run properly creating an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner23

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
AU
Running SMS 2.0 SP3 with approx 100 clients on NT server 4.0 SP6a.

Problem is this, when in the systems management component of control panels, under the components section, i select licence metering and click [repair installation] i get the following error message:

Software Metering Client: licclint.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77fcce36" referenced memory at "0x00000065". The memory could not be "written".

Click OK to teminate the program
Click CANCEL to debug the program

If i click CANCEL i get another dialogue box stating:
licclint.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

Any help appreciated.

Check out Microsoft article Q279788 to see if this matches the problems you are having. If so you'll need to contact Microsoft for the hotfix.

hope this helps

Did you solved the problem ?
Have you applyed the Microsoft hotfix from the document Q279788 ?

Keep us informed about the progress...

Tanks,
Cmarreel

I applied the hotfix in question, but the error continues. Microsoft were actually pretty hesitant to actually give me the file, it apparently causes problems in systems that do not have the error. But the error messages still exist on my systems but no other problems have been noted. The search continues...

Gunner23,

One thing to look at is your SMS_site_LicDB and make sure it is ok. I ran accross a similar issue with this and it turned out to be a combination of the hot fix and my NONLIC table was too large.

I think MS suggests that it not get any larger than 100K and mine was 500MB, thurns out I had data summarization turned up too much for my site.

Good luck!B-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back