Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library dismounts after a mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibblm

Programmer
Aug 11, 2003
US
; Out of the blue my library wont stay mounted.

Running arcserve 9.01 with a compaq msl5026 library.

If I mount my library it will read in all the media then dismount all the media reading dismounted.

Has anyone seen this or can tell me where to start looking?

Have not seen this before. First check the library itself to see if it has recorded any errors. Also verify that the library has correctly identified all the tapes in the library.

Next place to go to is the Tape Engine tape log. Starting the Tape Engine with the log enabled will probably provide the data needed to determine the cause. There are some FAQs in the ARCserve back-up forum that might help, but chances are you might need to open a support issue.

I have found my own solution to this post. My tape library was set to reading only 4 digit bar codes and needed to be set to 6. When arcserve did and inventory it found duplicate tapes and dismounted them all not knowing which actual tape to mount.

Can you tell me how you have set this up, putting the reading for Barcodes form 4 to 6 digits ??

thanks in advance

regards

Yes. I am using a Compaq MSL5026 DLX Tape Library for one. There is a web based interface that allows you to setup the barcode digits.

You will have to either get the software from Compaq to install.

Software allowys you to monitor and control your library as well as move tapes, Cleanings, and Administrative adjustments such as alignment settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back