Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library containing "STR$TRIM"

Status
Not open for further replies.

veloville

Programmer
May 4, 2010
CA
Hello,

I hope I'm in the right place. I'm in a conversion from Cobol to Microfocus Cobol.
The program use to work fine in Cobol, now it compile successfully but stop at this line when running :
CALL "STR$TRIM" USING BY REFERENCE XLS-H-LINE

and gives me this error :
173 called program file not found in drive directory STR$TRIM"

I'm guessing I'm missing a librairy ? Anybody knows ?
Anybody knows where I can find this library ?

Thanks in advance,
Chantal

STR$TRIM is the program specific for the platform you moved from (probably VMS). It's not available in MF COBOL.

It's not available in MF COBOL.
But the (probably MVS) source module could most likely be ported to the target system and recompiled - just like the other code. . .

STR$TRIM seems to be a routine from the VMS Run Time Library, also a program which is probably not written in COBOL and doubt if the source is available.
see:
I'm working with ILE COBOL and it has intrinsic functions called TRIM, TRIML and TRIMR (but these functions are an IBM extension):
Maybe MF COBOL has TRIM function too. When not, you need to write your own routine - for example see this:

Thanks Everyone for your replies.

Someone gave me a routine doing something similar as str$trim.
I have another error so I will open a new post.

Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back