Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

libpanel_applet.so.0 install 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirchyBoy

MIS
Aug 25, 2001
GB
I'm new to linux and decided to install fedora (core 3) on a spare PC i had (previously had win2k on it) the install worked perfectly except that i'm having issues getting my TV card to work (Pinnicle PCTV Rave card) linux seems to recognise the card (checked on hardware monitor)

I then needed an application to run the card, i found gnometv and downloaded the rpm. when installing it advised that it required libpanel_applet.so.0 to be installed

how would i go about installing this? I had a look and found that there was a gnome core rpm that contained this but when installing this it advised me that this required a whole load of other dependant programs...

does anyone know howto install libpanel on its own? I've tried using different tvcard apps but these all have other dependancies so the problem remains! I am new to linux so if you answer please keep it simple! (i.e. speak slowly!!)

Thanks

P

Fedora has 'yum' (a native tool) and also 'apt' (ported from Debian). Check out fedorafaq.org, specifically to see how to set it up . That whole site should be a great help getting you on the right track with Fedora! :)

----
JBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back