Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

libmysql.dll doesn't export Prepared Statement Functions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryAshford

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
GB
Does anyone know what the story is with the dynamic mysql library (called libmysql.dll on Windows) the the C API functions which deal with Prepared Statements,
e.g. mysql_prepare() & mysql_execute()...
These were supposed to be available from version 4.1 onwards. The functions have prototype headers in mysql.h but libmysql.dll doesn't export them. (The symbol list looks the same as version 4.0.12).

Gary, did you ever get the unresolved symbols problem worked out with mySQL 4.1 prepared statements interface? I'm stuck and sure could use the help.
Sidney

Hi- yes I sort of solved the problem. It seems that the .DEF file which accompanies the project file doesn't export the prepared statement functions. You just need to edit this file and add these to the list, then rebuild.
I also built the MySQL client library on MacOSX, Linux and Solaris and the symbols export Ok for these, although the Solaris configure script failed. I can help with these if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back