Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LHK on a 2616

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecra

Programmer
May 1, 2007
GB
Hi,
Has anyone ever had a lhk of higher than 6? I have set the lhk to 9 but it wont hunt past the programme key (7).
In procomm key 7 is blank but it wont let me assign anything to it.
Any help greatly appreciated.

you can't assign anything to it, I know you can hunt past feature keys, not sure about that one.

You can't hunt past it because you can't hunt to it. For last hunt key (short key hunt) you have to have continuous keys up the strip for it to hunt to. As soon as it comes to a key that it can't use, (blank, or feature key), the hunting action stops. If you want to hunt past there you would need to first change CLS to NDD to get rid of display and then program a dn on key 7.

another point that was posted here.. you can have more then one short hunt on a 2616... if keys 0,1,2 then cfw, 4,5 6, then 8,9 and 10 you can set lhk to 10 and have 3 hunt groups.

another possible work around.. if 1 thru 5 are scr, and 6 and 8 are the same mcr, then the hunt will turn the corner... ? (saturday bored)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back