Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG LDK 100 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWNS

Systems Engineer
Dec 22, 2022
GB
thread1613-1819200
Hi,

I have a LG LDK 100 dual cab. Every time the customer site loses power they lose all the programming. Spares are hard to come by now, is there any other way of fixing this?

Hi,

It is the onboard battery on the cpu card. It will be flat. They are not a rechargeable battery, they start life charged and slowly lose charge. It is a fairly easy fix if you are handy with a soldering iron. The replacement is a 1/2 AA 3.6v battery.

C64

Thanks for your reply. I suppose that could be done. Is that the only option to keep these systems going?

Unless you can find a S/Hand board that the battery is OK on, but given they are all the same age it is likely to happen again. The battery is used to hold the customer programming, so once it goes flat it is only the power supply holding the programing.

Thanks for the insight, cody64. It sounds like replacing the onboard battery might be the best bet for ensuring the longevity of these systems. I'll look into getting the 1/2 AA 3.6v battery as you suggested. Appreciate your help!

Great post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back