Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG GDK 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordy55

Technical User
Jun 11, 2009
GB
This may seem a silly question, but where do you connect the BT line into the GDK16 module ?
I have bought this unit second hand for my own small company and I cannot find an installation manual in english anywhere on the internet and although I think I understand all the phone connections, I cannot fathom what should be a simple issue.
Any help is appreciated

I had already tried that site, but it only has the GDK-20 in English, the GDK 16 which I need is in Spanish.

Was it a silly question I posed ? because I'm still not sure

No questions are silly.
I need to know what types of additional CO board are in the GDK-16.
On the main board you have an ISDN2 (BRI) connector RJ45.
(near the transformer).
In SLOT=1 you can add an LCOB, LCOB2, STIB or STIB2.
The LCOB gives you the possibility to add one analog line from the PSTN network (public network).
The LCOB2 gives you the possibility to add two analog lines from the PSTN network (public network).
The STIB gives one BRI and the STIB2 gives 2 pcs. of BRI.
LCOB lines are mounted with screw terminals direct onto the boards.
ISDN2 / BRI uses RJ 45 connectors.

///doktor

slot 1 there is STIB2
Slot 2 there is SLIB
Slot 3 there is DTIB
Slot 5 there is MFB

There is a Cat5 connector on the Main Board, which has a cable attached which I presume is for connection to external PC etc.

Would I be correct in saying that the extensions I wish to add will just be 2 wires to the DTK1 and DTK2, SLT1 or SLT2 on the Main Board ?

I therefore need to know where to connect the external BT phone line into the unit
Thanks in advance

Still I need to know whta type is your BT external line?

slot 1 there is STIB2 -> This is 2 x BRI (RJ45)
Slot 2 there is SLIB -> this gives you 4 x analog phones
Slot 3 there is DTIB -> this gives you 4 x system phones
Slot 5 there is MFB -> this gives you a serial port for maintenance.

There is a Cat5 connector on the Main Board, which has a cable attached which I presume is for connection to external PC etc.-> No, this is the RJ45 for your first BRI (ISDN2). CAT5 connectors are named RJ45 in the telephony world.
With this HW you can install 8 phones and 6 external ISDN/BRI lines.

///doktor

the BT connection is "featurline" connection, with ADSL broadband. it's a standard BT socket coming into the premises which accepts a standard 431A connector. From this comes a filter from which I take the broadband and the telephone line.
I only need to install 3 phones in my premises.
Thanks

Ok, so it was a silly question I guess after all

so how do I connect it to my BT featureline socket ?

Is an "BT featureline" of the analog or digital (ISDN/BR) type?

///doktor

You to have an LCOB board and swap the ISDN2/BRI board - called STIB2, So with your hardware you can not use analog lines...

///doktor

Ok, I now have a LCOB2 Trunk card fitted in place of the STIB2 card.

What wires from the BT socket connect to the LCOB2 ?

Also, I have 3 LKD-8DS phones, do I connect one of these to DTK2 and the the other two to SLT1 and SLT2 on the main board ? or should I connect them to the DTIB or SLIB cards ?

The 2 wires from BT must be connected to the terminals 1+2 on the LCOB. DKT1 to DKT4 are the terminals for the 3 LKD-8DS keysets.

///doktor

Thanks. There are 4 wires in the BT cable, do I connect numbers 3 & 4 ( which are blue and red) and are there any polarity issues ?

You only need 2 of the 4 wires. Take an analogue phone to hear the dial tone, or a volt meter to measure the line voltage.

///doktor

There should not be any polarity issues ...

///doktor

I have the LDK-30D phone connected to DTK1 and it is registered on the handset as "Station 100" I am unable to get this to dial out, although I can receive incoming calls.
I have also managed to connect a LKD-08S to DTK2 which comes up as "Station 101". I have connected a further 2 LDK-08S to the CN1 & 2 of the DTIB board and that comes up as "Stations 3 & 4"
I've managed to get a copy of the programming and installation manual finally.
Can you help me with the outgoing call problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back