Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG Aria Gdk-162 PC Admin connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeSomeone

Vendor
Jul 13, 2016
AU
Hi Guys

I'm trying to get a rs232 connection to a GDK-162 to change some programming, The previous contractor has been removed and I've never worked on one of these as i mostly work on the cabling side

I've tried GDK PC admin, but i can't get a connection, I'm Running Win7 and a usb to serial adapter
I've tried multiple baud rates, all i get is "GDK did not respond" when i try to open programming
I tried a null modem converter inline at on stage was getting "Pending IO" msgs on the console.

I need some help, I'm completely out of my depth here but i really don't want to have to pass this client on to my competition

some crappy pics i took, i'm trying the rs232 connector pictured, the current connector terminates somewhere on the IDF
IMG_2808_sixtkg.jpg

IMG_2806_vtcrha.jpg

IMG_2807_nvskqd.jpg

What programming do you need to do? It can all be completed via keyset programming and is much easier to complete.

Pop down what your changing from and to and many folk on here will help you program the system.

Those USB to Serial connectors can be a pain and I tried 3 different brands to I found one that connected correctly.

Eats

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

I only need to change a name at the moment,

But i will need to get in at some point, Top that off with station 100 is the reception phone at a busy law firm

Hi

To activate system programming on another display handset.

From the main reception handset:
Trans/PGM
*#
If it says enter password dial 147*
Trans/Pgm
Enter station number twice (New handset you wish to program from)
Press flex button 4 to switch light on
Press Hold/Save
Press Speaker

You can now program the system from the reception handset and the new extension you've just activated.

To change a name on any digital extension:
From the phone itself:
Trans/Pgm
Speed
Speed
enter name
Hold/Save

It's a start!!!!

Eats

Hi

Pretty sure the PC tool comes up with a display of the handset and you have to program the system by clicking the Trans/pgm button and codes anyway. May as well stick to using the handset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back