Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG Aria 300 Voice mail and Auto Attendant configuration 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeBurlet

Technical User
Oct 19, 2015
AU
I've tried following post 1701778 but either our PGM numbers are quite different (i.e PGM 228 in your post does not get us to the menu item for CCR) or we have some other issue.

We did have incoming voice mail msg and recording working, as setup by the sales technician several years ago (2007 ...) but last month it stopped working and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set it up.

I am actually wondering if the attendant phone (at reception desk) is not an 'attendant' any more .

We have an ARIA ip 24 and LG LDP-7016D handsets. We are in Sydney.

the people we got from are no longer in business and no one else seems to deal with this 'older system'.

thanks
Luke, (Ryde area, Sydney)

Cheers in Sydney.

The IVR or Customer call Routing (i.e. press 1 for this and press 2 for that) does not just disappear. So you must have suffered a loss of power or someone has tampered with the system.
Since I do not know your technical knowledge, I have some suggestions.
1. Is the Aria 24 connected to the LAN (Local Area Network)?
2. If it is, do you have a PC or laptop connected with internet acces an the Team Viewer program?
Team Viewer would enable me to look into the system from here.
3. Did any one ever take a backup of this system?
4. Since the Aria 24 is web admin based a normal web browser like Internet Explorer can be used to make data changes. Or do you have the Aria 300 (a.k.a ipLKK-300)?
Please send a photo of your installations to savedmessage at hotmail dot com.
So please find out this before we can continue.
BR doktor

///doktor

answers:
We can get several power outages per year (no battery or UPS on the main unit) but this seems to be the first time it has affected it.

Q1: No, not connected to our LAN ; the back panel's LAN port is not avaialable.
Q2: I do have TeamViewer and is up to date
Q3: nope, no backup. I was not involved in initial setup otherwise I would have peppered the telco fellow with all sorts of questions (like 'hold music' etc )
Q4 : it is an ARIA 24ip (A). The back panel's LAN port is not avaialable.

I have sent photos of the wall unit and the receptionist's handset.

thanks so much

Luke

Hi Luke

I have not received the photos from you.
But if your Aria is not connected to the LAN, it is a bit difficult.
From a PC connected to the LAN, where also the Aria is connected, it is possible to browse to the IP address of the Aria and make the necessary data changes and backups.
So this needs to be done first.
Since you wrote " PGM 228 in your post does not get us to the menu item for CCR", I assume that you can log in to the Aria?
Some Menues in LG (Aria) has numbers like PGM228 - and sometimes names like Customer Call Routing.
If you have some screen dump - you can send these.
My mail address is found in the link in the signature below.

///doktor

hi Dok

hmm, ok, I sent the email again, this time from my gmail. Let me know if you get this time

cheers

I got your mail!

Since there is no LAN port we need to use keyset admin.
This is done from your main keyset, and you need to login and enter a password (code).
Hope that is available.

1. Check the software level of your system by entering:
Make a [TRANS/PGM]+72 to see the s/w vesersion in your LDK. Just post what the display writes.

2. Login to the system:

TO ENTER THE PROGRAMMING MODE

1. Lift handset or press the [MON] button on the admin station, and hear ICM
dial tone (optional).
2. Press the [TRANS/PGM] button and dial *# (Confirmation tone is heard).
3. Enter admin password if the password has been set. This places the station
into the admin programming mode (Confirmation tone is heard).
4. Each program is accessed by pressing the [TRANS/PGM] button and dialing the
three-digit program number. If an error is made while entering data, the
[TRANS/PGM] button can go the previous status. When the [TRANS/PGM] button is
pressed, the LCD will display;

ENTER PROGRAMMING CODE

Here you enter 228 for CCR Customer Call Routing - Press 1 for this and Press 2 for that.

Let me know when you are so far.
Thanx.
BR doktor

///doktor

Later you can try this.

(1) [TRANS/PGM] + 228.
To select CCR Table number, dial 01~70

(2) To select each entry number of CCR table, press Flex. BTN 1~10, then the
entered data will be displayed on the LCD.

(3) To program call routing destination, dial destination type as follow;
1 – STA
2 – HUNT
3 – VMIB
4 – VMIB DROP
5 – SYSTEM SPEED DIAL
6 – INTERNAL PAGE
7 – EXTERNAL PAGE
8 – ALL CALL PAGE

///doktor

ahh, now we are getting someplace !

ok, per your 2nd last post:
[highlight #FCE94F]
1. Check the software level of your system by entering:
Make a [TRANS/PGM]+72 to see the s/w vesersion in your LDK.
[/highlight]
it is AU66P-C.7Eb SEP/07 AUSTRALIA

2. Login to the system:
4. When the [TRANS/PGM] button is
pressed, the LCD will display;

ENTER PROGRAMMING CODE

I did all that and got to ENTER PGM NUMBER (not Enter Programming Code)

So I think I am ok as far as that!

Then for your last post:
(1) [TRANS/PGM] + 228.
To select CCR Table number, dial 01~70

I get display SELECT CCR TABLE 01-70

from here I don't know what to do? What is the CCR table and what is the 01-70, are they lines in some table? I don't think I have filled this table ...

01 - 70 are VMIB numbers. If you record a message on VMIB bin number 001, then the respective CCR number that it pairs with is 01. On a VMIB card, you can record any message you like as long as it is on bins 001 to 070. 071 - 100 are system greetings.

CCR tables can be multi-layered going up to I think 10 levels deep, but I may be wrong on that number.

Record your message at the Admin handset (Station 10 usually. Press 9 on a handset to ring the Admin handset, or 0 if 9 gives you a line out. Error will be had if you press 9 at Admin handset!) by pressing TRANS / PGM 06 and entering a bin number (001 is a good place to start). You'll hear "If you want to leave a message, press hash (#) key". If a message exists in that bin, you can hear it after the prompt speaks.

Record your message to VMIB and press Hold/Save when you are done.
If your message is just something like "Welcome to ABC company, press 1 for Sales, 2 for Accounts, 3 for Support or 4 for all other queries", then you can go to ADMIN programming. Press TRANS / PGM * #, TRANS / PGM again and you will see "ENTER PGM NUMBER" Go to PGM 228 and enter the bin number you recorded on, omitting the first 0 (Eg 001 = 01)

You can assign stations, or hunt groups, or speed dials to CCR menus. Use the Flex keys to assign directions to digits. Flex key 1 (top left) will represent digit 1 that the customer/caller will dial. Flex key 2 is number 2. Flex key 10 represents 0 on the keypad.

You will need to enter a code of sorts to tell the system what each number will do.
In this example, 1 for sales will route to Hunt 620, 2 will route to hunt 621, 3 will route to Speed dial 2000, and 4 will route to Station 10.
--
Press Flex key 1. Enter code 02, then 620. Screen will display "Hunt Grp 620" Press Hold/Save
Press Flex key 2. Enter code 02, then 621. Screen will display "Hunt Grp 621" Press Hold/Save
Press Flex key 3. Enter code 05, then 2000. Screen will display "Sys Spd Dial 2000" Press Hold/Save
Press Flex key 4. Enter code 01, then 10. Screen will display "Sta 10" Press Hold/Save

End example
--
Use these codes to program your CCR table

01 = Station Number
02 = Hunt Group Number
03 = VMIB Message (Use for multi-layered tables)
04 = VMIB Drop (Signaled by a # - line disconnects after message is played)
05 = System Speed Dial (Range 2000 - 2499)
06 = Internal Page Zone (Zone 01 - 10)
07 = External Page
08 = All Call Page (1 - All Internal, 2 - All External, 3 Internal and External)
09 = Net Number
10 = Conference Room

Good luck programming your table!

Angel (Ryan)

thanks AngelRyan

ok, I got slightly farther ... I did not say this in the beginning, but when the phone rings (we have 2 lines btw) and we are not here then we want the system to auto answer with a msg and record the caller's msg. Thus all the setup questions ...

I did your step:
Record your message to VMIB ... by pressing TRANS / PGM 06 and entering a bin number (001 is a good place to start)​
I recorded a msg and hung up. I repeated the step above to test and I can hear my that msg on that bin number 001; so far so good ...

for your next step :
If your message is just something like "Welcome to ABC company,.. ... go to ADMIN programming. Press TRANS / PGM * #, TRANS / PGM again and you will see "ENTER PGM NUMBER" Go to PGM 228 and enter the bin number you recorded on, omitting the first 0 (Eg 001 = 01)

I did that ; the display says
CCR Table 01
PRESS FLEX_KEY(01-10).​
So I pressed Flex_key 1, I get display:
CCR Table 01
INPUT1:NOT_ASG(01-10)​
So I pressed 03 (because I want the VMIB MEssage to play when someone calls in and we are not hear to answer), I get display:
Input 1 : VMIB ANNC..​
So I pressed 01 , I get display:
Input 1 : VMIB ANNC01​
and then I pressed SAVE

But now what do I do?

After the last step I hung up and called our office number line 1 with my mobile but the system just rings, no message after X rings?

adjunct question - can a person set the number of rings before the VMIB system kicks in ?

Oh, I think you misunderstood what I mean. The CCR Table 01, is linked with VMIB 001. Use the flex keys to assign where you want your caller to go. The VMIB is already assigned when you choose the table number. My apologies

You need to set the Ring Assignment in PGM 144 - CO Ring Assignment, and enter the line(s) that you want to use the CCR menu (0102 for lines 1 and 2)
You will also need to turn on DISA service in PGM 140 - and then enable DISA for those lines. PGM 140 > Flex 2 > Flex 1 for Day Mode > Flex 1: Dial 1 - DISA SVC: ON , then HOLD/SAVE. Press Back (left silver softkey on 70xx handsets) and then Press Flex 2 and enter the VMIB bin that the menu is at.

==
To set the timer that the system will answer calls, use PGM 142 - CO Line Attributes II. Enter line range (0102 for Lines 1 and 2), then press Flex 15 and set the number of rings to answer. The default is 3.

Hope this helps - I am attaching an image.

ccr_wj4mdq.png

NB: My handle is Angel, my actual name is Ryan!

I'm just re-reading your post, and a thought kicked up. Are you trying to set the CCR system to pick up after some time if there has been no answer, or to answer straight away ?

If it is the former, you can set this by having your Ring Assignment as a Hunt Group, and then it Overflow to a VMIB Message.
Let me know if you need more detailed instructions. I may be able to step you through it on the phone or something like that if needed.

hi Ryan

ok - I did all that, still not going to VMIB after 3 rings; yes wa nt set the CCR system to pick up after some time if there has been no answer ...

here's what I did:
your step :
set the Ring Assignment in PGM 144 - CO Ring Assignment, and enter the line(s) that you want to use the CCR menu (0102 for lines 1 and 2)​
I did that and the display is
01-02 PRESS KEY
DAY NIGHT WEEK ON-D​
not sure what to do, looked ok so I left it ..​

your step :
turn on DISA service in PGM 140 - and then enable DISA for those lines. PGM 140 > Flex 2 > Flex 1 for Day Mode > Flex 1: Dial 1 - DISA SVC: ON , then HOLD/SAVE. Press Back (left silver softkey on 70xx handsets) and then Press Flex 2 and enter the VMIB bin that the menu is at.

I did that as follows (not sure if you left out a step or I am wrong...)​
PGM140 display is ENTER COL RANGE ' ; I entered 0102
display is 01-02 COL SVC F1:TYPE F2SUB ATT ; I press F2
display is 01-02 DISA ATT F1:DY F2:NT F3:WE F4:eek:n; I press F1
display is 01-02 DISA ATT F1:SVC F2:VMIB : I press F2
display is 01-02 VMIB ANNC VMIB MSG 01 (00-70) : I press 01 , then SAVE

then I hang up . then I try calling the system with my mobile, after 5 rings no auto answer

(the reception phone I am working on, Station 10, is set to the correct date and time of day)​

your step
set the timer that the system will answer calls, use PGM 142 - CO Line Attributes II. Enter line range (0102 for Lines 1 and 2), then press Flex 15 and set the number of rings to answer. The default is 3.​

I did that, set it to 3 rings and SAVE.
then I hang up . then I try calling the system with my mobile, after 5 rings no auto answer

Gee, I see that you have admin software , same we do not have a LAN card on our ARIA, would be a lot simpler!

It seems I also misunderstood what you wanted to do - I thought originally that you wanted to have the menu pick up straight away.
In order to set the menu to pick up the call after a time, you'll need to set up the system to ring to a hunt group, and then overflow out to a VMIB.

Here's how

Establish a hunt group in PGM 190
Pick a group number (620 is usually the first in the list)
Choose the ring type (Flex 1) as Type 4 - RING GROUP.
Turn Pickup on in Flex 2.
Press Flex 3 and add stations to the group you need the phones to ring. To add a member, press flex key 1, then dial the station number, then press flex key 2, and dial the next station, etc. If you need to add more than 4 stations, press the volume down key to scroll to a new page and start at flex 1 again.
Press Hold/Save after each step!

Establish attributes for the group
Go to PGM 191, and enter the group number you created.
Goto Flex 7 -Overflow Destination: Type 3 for VMIB and enter 01. Screen should say : OVERFLOW DEST. : VMIB 01
Hold/Save
Go to Flex 6 - Overflow Timer. Enter the number of seconds you want the phones to ring for. If 15 seconds, type 015.
Hold/Save

Go to PGM 144 - CO Ring Assignment
Enter CO Line range 0102 for Lines 1-2.
Press Flex 1 for Day Ring mode (Sorry I forgot about that bit - I'm so used to admin software)
Dial 2 then enter the hunt group you created. Screen should say : HUNT GRP : 62x
Hold/Save

Go back to PGM 228 - Customer Call Routing
Enter index 01
Check that you have set the table up correctly.
Remember: If a destination is VMIB 01 - the message that is playing to the caller will repeat itself!

Good luck!

If you have trouble still - I maybe able to help you set it up via Skype call and step you through it there if you need.

Angel

Also - whilst the LANU card is very useful to have - you can also use the serial port for the same functions and cheaper.

You'll need a Serial mouse cable (I found that worked for me) from Jaycar and a DB9 female gender changer (though you will probably need to saw off the lugs at the sides for it to fit the computer / system)
If you do not have a serial port on the computer you can also get a USB serial adapter. I think it would be about $50 including the cable.
Software is available on the internet, if you know where to look ;)
I can give you the link later on if you need - for now, you should be able to do it via the keyset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back