Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG Aria 20 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

airman1

Programmer
Dec 26, 2008
Hi,

Not sure if i have posted this in the right place!

I recently purchased a second hand LG aria 20 to install in my home/office. the unit is only a few years old but the contractor who removed it turned switch 3 off (the batt switch) so the system has now been restored to factory default! I have the programming manuals but it has been sometime since I have between involved in the industry so I am a little rusty! The problem I have is I have configured the CO lines and hunt groups for 2 PSTN's but when I hit a flexi key for say line 1 it come up with "ISDN line released"! Have I missed something simple?

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi airman

I have moved your question to the rgigt forum...

Q:
Thanks doktor,

I have re-posted in Goldstar forum. I have tried removing the ISDN card and factory defaulting the system again but it hasn't worked I have tried disabling the ISDN from the respective default trunk groups. Is there other program menu other then ADMIN program which is entered by TRANS/PMG *#???
I am told you can press TRANS/PMG and enter codes like 00, 15 ECT ECT but it is not noted in themanual!

A:
You need to logon on first with TRAN/PGM+*+#.
Hereafter you have the progams 100 to 452.
They refer to your manual.
Check some of the posts here in this forum. They are very informative.

///doktor

doktor,

It doesn’t work, I tried pressing the TRNS/PGM *# whilst in program mode and the LCD screen just flashes and displays "ADMIN program press flexi key (1-12)" I have the programming manual issue 2.1 on PDF format but I can’t see any programming numbers like the ones u have described. It states to navigate through the menus by using the flexi keys. I can email the manual or post it somewhere on the net if any experts out there can use it to help me out.
Does sw7 (database protection) need to be in the off position after a factory default to start new programming? I have tried it in both position but it doesn’t seem to make a difference?

Thanks airman1

You need to program it from the Attendant console.

LG has made two products with almost the same name, but with different programming.

I need to what type you have:
(1):
The LG ipLDK 20 Phone System
See this link:
or (2):
The LG GDK 20 Phone System (could also be reffered to as aria)
See this link: (shows GDK-16, similiar to GDK-20)
Let me know what product you have...

///doktor

The system I have is this one Seen at this link but an Aria 20 not 16
The program manual I have can be used for both the 16 and 20. So I guess pretty much the same system just has a few different bits of hardware. The sticker on the side of the unit reads LG Aria 20 digital key service unit. I am doing the programming from a LKD30D 30 button display handset (Attendant console)

A picture of the handset is shown here

Yes, It is an GDK-20W that you. This PBX can have up to 6 LG keysets, 2 SLT's and 20 DECT handsets enabled.
Use the first port to connect your LKD-30 keyset.
You need to logon on first with TRAN/PGM+*+#.
Then you have the programming "parts" 1-12 seen in your display of the LKD phone.
Keep the database "secured" by setting Switch 3 to ON, and
switch 7 btn 1 (7.1) also has to be set to ON.
Initialize the PBX.
Go to MENU 1 and press each of the buttons 1-12 and press
Hold/Save for each buttons (BTN).
Programming.
If you are using ISDN or PSTN (analog line), you need to set up a CO group, and enable the lines in that group.
CO group access - MENU-3/28/3
In MENU 3 the CO lines are programmed. You enter the number of the line by pressing the numeric buttons on the keyset. So MENU3 /"line"2 to "line"8 is wha is written now in your display. These lines 2-8 are not used therefore we put them up in a kind of "parking" CO group. Line 1 (or line 1+2 using ISDN2/BRI)is just used in this example.
Now, if you use PSTN you should be able to dial 0 and get and outgoing line.
Using ISDN2, you must set the TYPE of ISDN2/BRI/BRA in MENU-4-1:
F=Fixed TEI i.e. point-to-point connection.
A= Automatic TEI i.e. point-to-multipoint connection.
Hereafter you must reset the PBX.
Before the reset make sure that the switch 3 and 7-1 is ON.

This should bring your PBX up to a "running" condition.

So let me know if you have ISDN or PSTN before I write more...

///doktor

If you are using PSTN (analog CO line) or ISDN2/BRI/BRA lines w/o DDI numbers.
Then do like this..

Programming of IN-ringing to the PBX.

MENU-3/xy/7 is used. x is the lovest line and y is the highest line number.

On LKD 30, there are the following 20 options:
Flex key (LED button/BTN)1-16 are the local numbers. (One in each button).
Flex key 17-20 are the HUNT groups (61 to 64) on either LED button.
For each Flex key toggle to have the time zone for ringning : DAY, NIGHT, ALL or NO.

Try to make an incomming call and the phone number that was programmed to receive the call wíll answer that particular line programmed.

///doktor

On your LKD30 you count the Flex keys like this:

1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9
10-11-12
13-14-15
16-17-18
19-20-21
22-23-24
25-26-27
28-29-30

///doktor

If you have ISDN2/BRI/BRA lines with DDI number series, program like this...

DDI numbers

MENU-2/xxxxxx/2/3 to MENU-2/xxxxxx/2/6

ISDN attributes set for the following:

MSN DDI = Set to Yes

COLR = Connected Line Restrict set to NO.
(This displays the number of the caller)

COLP = Connected Line presentation set to YES.

CLIP = Calling Line Information Presentaion.
Displaying the number of the caller into the
a local number in ARIA /GDK-20. Set to YES.

Next steps...
It is quite important ALSO to set these:

MENU-3/xx/2/1 set to Table 01

MENU-3/xx/2/4 set to YES.

Further steps...
MENU-4 / 9
In this menu you must enter the first (e.g.)6 digits of DDI number series, for example. 334455xx
Table 01 is selected as the MENU-3/xx/2/1 (set to table 01).
The numbers entered here are the first fixed 6 digits, that are received from the public switch (CO).
The last 2 variable digits that is received from the public switch (CO) are set in in MENU 4/11/1. The number of digits is 2!

Last step...
MENU-4/10
This MENU carries out the number conversion to/from the CO.
In the display of the LKD-30, it is (after programming) possible to see - for each extension number - the answer position in DAY and NIGHT mode and als the DDI number.

In the menu, there are 6 parameters can be set for any of the 24 MSN / DDI numbers as the PBX can take care of.
The 6 parameters are 1 = C 2 = DAY, 3 = O, 4 = NAT, 5 = O, 6 = The real DDI number of local appliance.
Parameter 2, 4 and 6 are used. Parameter 1, 3 and 5 are not used.

There is obviously an opportunity for number translation, as a DDI number, for example.
33445566 can be answered by extension number 100 in the DAY position and by extension number 101 at night.
This is done by putting parameter 2 to 100 (DAY), parameter 4 to 101 (NIG) and parameter 6 to 33445566.

This PBX can handle up to 24 DDI numbers, so I think it is OK for your office.. ;-))

///doktor

Thanks Doktor for the info,

But it still doesn’t work it comes up with “ISDN line released” when a flexi key is pressed either 1 or 2. If I dial 9 lines 3 or 4 is grabbed (PSTN). How do I change it from 9 to 0? How do I delete the flexi key 1 and 2 assignments and change them to line 3 and 4? I have tried menu 9 but it displays read only and invalid if I select the SPEED button to erase those flexi keys.

I only have incoming PSTN's x 2. (No ISDN sorry you had to explain the ISDN setup but I am sure it will help someone else in the future)

Ok I followed your instructions:

TRANS/PMG *# enter admin program

Pressed flexi key 1 to enter database initiation went through and pressed hold/save for each one.

Then flexi Key 3 entered CO PMG. Entered 3-6 which is what I think u meant enter the CO lines you aren’t using. I did try entering 1-2 but it didn’t work either. The range is (1-6) Then entered menu 3/7 and assigned station 100 - 103 to ring. Then selected all.

Have i missed something or is there another setting that needs to be chnaged to stop the "ISDN LINE RELEASED" message

Thanks agian Doc for all your help here.

There seem to be a difference between our systems and your system.
The idea about the CO line group is that you can prevent unused CO lines from being "taken", when dialling the prefix for the CO lines (moslty 0 in Europe and 9 in the US).
Try to find out what lines are installed and the ones, that are not present - put these up in CO group 4 (the parking CO group).
Also mail me the docs you have, so I can compare...
Use this link to find the contact info..

///doktor

I seem that Flex key 1+2 are "hardcoded" for line 1+2.
Maybe your docs have info on programming af flex keys?

///doktor

I have emailed the manual that i have been using to the supplied email address. I will give that idea ago and see how i get on with the unused lines i think 5 and 6 from memory.

I have tried programming the flex keys numerous ways but it doesnt seem to work. I have been told by others if i change the CO's in menu 3 like u have stated in your previous posts it should default flex keys 1 and 2 to the first lines programed. But there must be numerous ways to skin a cat like every electronic device!!!!

I have tried entering the unused CO's..... the combinations i have tried are :(1-2)(3-6)(5-6)(4-6) in menu 3.

Bacsically doesnt seem to make any difference to any assigned CO's. There is lines 1 - 4 present at the moment, if i pick up a line off say all 5 exts the 5th ext gives a busy tone. So it looks like default is line 1 and 2 ISDN/BRI and line 3 and 4 is PSTN 1 and 2.

Hi again, airman

Some of the small PBX products have a build-in ISDN2/BRI on the motherboard. Maybe this goes for yours also.
Please post the actual hardware configuration of your LG ARIA 20. There are 2 SLOTs for CO line boards. Please post the slot number and the actual installed hardware, so I have a clue...

///doktor

Hi Doktor,

Sorry I didn’t realize the system had 2 ISDN trucks built into the mother board. Installed in slot 1 is a LCOB2 (4 x PSTN's). When I purchased the system it had an ISDN card installed in slot 4. But now removed

The remaining 4 slots are empty.

There is a RJ 45 jack (on the motherboard) which I believe is the on board ISDN as stated in the installation manual I sent you.

If you go through the MENUes (not 1+2+3+4), you should meet one MENU that deals with Flex keys. (I do not remember which!).( MENU 11 deals with hunt groups.)
Programming Flex keys gives you the opportunity to change the first key (& the second) to a LOOP key.
A loop key is used as a kind of CO pool key. This is so you do not need to have 14 CO line keys or 5 CO group keys.
The LOOP key just indicates that a CO line is in use.
I recommend that you program at least 2 LOOP keys.

///doktor

The RJ45 placed at the motherboard is for the build-in ISDN2/BRI/BRA line. Therefore your first and second choice of CO lines is 3+4. Close line 1+2+5+6.
It has puzzled me a bit, this issue!
Here in Europe we call this product GDK-16, and you name it LG ARIA 20. In Europe we also have a product called GDK-20W (which I thought that you had!!).
Finally LG launched a new PBX product recently called ipLDK-20. Maybe it is easy to be "puzzled"....

///doktor

What do you mean by close line 1-2 5-6 i can only select a range from 1-6 in menu 3? eg 3-4 0r 1-2 not both.

Very strange all the details show an Aria 20 but it has had me puzzled for the last few days.

I will try the flex keys now and see how i go.

Thanks

If you put the lines 1+2+5+6 up (maybe one-by-one) into CO group 4 (the parking CO group), then you should have no problems reaching an "empty" line when dialling the CO prefix (9 or 0)...

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back