Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lexmark printer in Win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Lexmark 1100 series printer. Lexmark has said &quot;at this time we are not planning on writing drivers for your printer&quot;. The only thing that is keeping me from putting in Windows 2000 is my printer. I had 2k in once before, but when I discovered my printer would not work, i put 98 back in. I tried putting in the lexmark disk but it said that it wouldnt run in NT. PLEASE HELP ME!!! How can I get it to run??? It uses its own program to print, maybe if i just put the plain drivers in that the program installs....??? HELP ME PLEASE!!!<br><br>-Skyler

hey there.<br>I had the same problem:&nbsp;&nbsp;installed win2k, found the printer wouldn't work, put 98 back on.<br>unfortunately, it doesn't look like Lexmark will ever get around to making win2k compatible drivers for any printers other than their Optra series.<br>I use the same printer model as you, and I am now back to using win2k.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a small windows 98 partition, so I can copy what I need printed into that drive and then reboot into win98, printing it at my convenience.<br>I know this is a bit of a hassle, but its the only solution I've found, and I've been doing this for nearly a year now, since I started with a beta copy of win2k about 10 months ago.<br>this is the only solution I've found, though I would love to hear others, since rebooting everytime I want to print is annoying. <p>liquidgrey<br><a href=mailto:webmaster@liquidgrey.com>webmaster@liquidgrey.com</a><br><a href= Liquidgrey and the greycloak</a><br>

I'm not sure if this is helpful since we have Optra models, but before I upgraded the Optra drivers with W2k users I got it working by avoiding all postscript drivers.&nbsp;&nbsp;W2K seems to handle PCL okay with the Optra line.

Isn't there any emulation for this printer that does have W2k support? <p>Al<br><a href=mailto: atc-computing@home.com> atc-computing@home.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back