Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Level 3 SIP trunks configuration with IP Office 500 r2 V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbietechman

Vendor
Mar 1, 2011
US
Does anyone have any screen shots or configuration guides setting up Level 3 SIP trunks on the Avaya IP Office. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have many documents from the knowledge base site but I am looking for Level 3 specifically. Thanks in Advance

Ah, does they have a "exoting" SIP protocol?
If not then read the docs and the forums how to set up the trunk, it is quite difficult to fail.

If they are tested with Avaya, then they will have the docs you need. If not, do wha we have to do, suck it and see and play with it until it works!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Indeed, there are so many SIP providers (I have not heard of level 3) that Avaya cannot test and provide docs for all of them and if the provider can't be bothered to do it then you are on your own, you may still get lucky if someone else has done it and doesn't mind sharing :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

yes we have asked level 3 and they only have documentation on the communication manager.

Post screenshots of what you have at the moment (edit the password etc) then we can spot any obvious errors :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

They should have sent you a document that had all the information you needed including registration information, SIP proxy server, DID information.

Are they providing a router, such as a EdgeMark or Cisco or are they dropping into the customer's network? Do you have a dedicated port on the router or are you going through a firewall? Are they doing registration or accepting a static IP?

Even in the same provider there are multiple ways to connect so not all implementations are the same.

If we can get some of the information above we might be able to help.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS & APSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I just had an install with level 3. There are no documents for the IPO only the enterprise. They are a dev connect partner.

How is your customer being setup for sip?

My install had a bonded T1 that went into an Adtran managed router. The best setup was to make Level 3 (and you have to tell them this that you want both ethernet ports to work on the the Adtran router) Plug one into the wan port of the IPO and the other port use for the customer's data network.
Works perfect for SIP, don't have to worry about the firewall on the customer's network blocking the SIP or causing any interference.

The medium is 20 mg fiber in this case with 36 Sip Trunks. There is an adtran router. I have not done this on the IPO before so it is all new to me. I still have a few weeks and we are trying a test setup in our office on our demo system as we use SIP trunks in the office on another PBX we sell. Any help or screenshots would be greatly appreciated

That is not SIP, that is just converting a T1.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The trunking is SIP trunking. It is indeed SIP and the delivery is native fiber from the CO

Do they call fiber also T1?
I was thinking about a PRI that was turned in to SIP :)

BAZINGA!

newbietechman, I think tlpeter was referring to hcalix not you

Indeed :)

BAZINGA!

PS Andy, i just send an email to you :)

BAZINGA!

newbietech - I will see about getting some screenshots for you later today.

tlpeter - It is SIP over a bonded T1. They use the T1 for both voice and data and then connect to Level 3's SIP trunking via the Adtran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back