Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Level 2 reset :-( Whhaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

runyet

Technical User
Feb 20, 2014
US
I recently performed what I thought was a Level 1 reset on my BCM50 to reset the system to defaults whilst keeping keycodes, as I was unable to log in to Element Manager for configuration due to not having the password.

However to my horror, upon restarting the system my digital extensions now show "Keycode reqd" in the display when you lift the handset. So it appears I somehow managed to perform a Level 2 reset instead.

I do not have any of the original keycode information, but I can log into Element Manager to view all of the system information.

Did you ever have a backup taken from the system as the keycode file is contained in it. If you did. then look using a zip tool such as WinRAR for a file called licensefile.txt as you can use it to reload in your keycodes.

Another way is to contact someone who is able to help you out as there are those who can resolve your problem. You will also need to produce your site ID that is found in the keycode section on Element Manager.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

That's two stupid you's!
lol : )

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

LOL...too funny u seem like a very nice guy

ill get the site ID as soon as I get back.....

thx so much for your help

Underneath the BCM 50 is a MAC address that should also be the site ID. Can you post it here as I might be able to figure it out.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

00159BFE40E6

copied and pasted from element manager

My understanding is that a level 1 reset defaults the system, but leaves any software patches in place. A level 2 reset also wipes out any software patches and returns the system to factory defaults. In either case the license file is lost and must be available for reprogramming. As noted above the license file is included in a system backup. In my experience it's best to just do a cold reset of the system which leaves the license file intact, unless there's a compelling reason to perform a level reset.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I checked on the Avaya KRS site using 00159BFE40E6 and it said that
"No current keycodes for this System ID found
Please try again."

This suggests to me that the BCM 50 unit was deemed faulty in the past and the keycodes were migrated to another unit. Usually the problem was a faulty hard disk.

Your only option now is to follow the advice given in my first reply.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back