Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

level 1 movie unloads any where I click in the swf! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizziebyrne

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
GB
This is probably way to obvious, but…

I have two swf’s one at level0 and the other loading on top at level 1. On level 1 I’ve made a small area into a Close Window button (to close the file when finished).

The problem is level 1 movie closes any where you click within the file, not just on the Close Window button. I have a scrolling window of content in this swf so when I go to scroll the swf just unloads it self.

Any ideas?

What's the code on that close button? Did you put it on the button itself or have you defined a button function somewhere else than on the button itself?

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Bacon, eggs and sunshine are still good for me!

Hi,

I applied this code:
onClipEvent (mouseDown) {
unloadMovieNum(1);
}

to the Close movie clip, which can be found in the Elastic Box movie clip, in flickerTest2.fla. Here's a link to the fla file that you can download.

I've noticed that you have replied to lots of Flash requests, so thank you from us learners!

Converted your close movie clip into a button, gave the "elasctic box" movie clip an instance name, and disabled and re-enabled your "letter" button...

Once again, this might better be explainedby checking the .flas...

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Brilliant, it works fine, Thank you!

on (release) {
_root.elastic_box._visible = false;
_level0.letter.enabled = true;
}

Looking at the code above used on the close button in FlickerTest2.swf

Why do you need to tell the elastic_box movie to become invisible, when it’s the swf that’s its in (FlickerTest2.swf), which needs to be unloaded?

I'm in fact not unloading the movie, but simply making the movie itself invisible.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back