Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Level 1 & 2 reset for BCM50 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rconn

Instructor
Mar 19, 2002
CA
Has anyone tried a Level 1 or 2 reset on a BCM50 6.0? I have my system recently upgraded to 6.0 and a new system on my bench bought as 6.0. On power up the power light goes from solid yellow to solid green. There is no flashing yellow to start the reset sequence. I think the procedure has changed or been eliminated.

I got myself locked out of the new system. I changed the default password on startup to the default password, confirmed the password and then logged back in.

So I did log in once since the password change. I was logged in retrieving the sys ID when I got a fan alarm. I rebooted the BCM and since then have been unable to log in. I still have a noisy fan.

This is what brought me to the reset problem.

Thank you Firebird Scrambler,

I have read that post and it did not seem to offer any assistance.

Support Dude: Is there anything special I need to know to use the Putty connection. The connection is not the problem.

I am replacing the BCM50 for the bad fan, but was more interested in the fact that the reset procedure had changed and has anyone else noticed the change.

Thanks,
Rob

However it does seem that you can't do an L1 or L2 reset of a BCM50 now without knowing the password.

I guess the only way around it now is to reimage the hard drive, or call Avaya and pay for access to the one day higher level password.

Even that might not work if the BCM date is wrong and you didn't know what it was, and they wont' provide it if the BCM isn't on maintenance.

Ironically the BCM 5.0 & 6.0 documentation still talks about using the reset button. They should update that.

This all goes to support my theory that the BOOT ROM was updated after 5.0 is loaded.

If you have a 6.0 Acronis image (available from support.avaya.com) this should get you running again as the nnadmin ID has a default password in that image.

Thanks everyone,

A new BCM50 is on the way. I will play with mine when I get chance.

Rob

Anyone ever get this to work with the reset button?

if you try the reset button it locks you out.

we played with one and used the reset button, then it would not even allow us to putty in. We had to replace the hard drive.

dglcabling@yahoo.com

yea that's what I was thinking, just thought I would put it out there. We just got in a couple of out of service RLS 5 units and was looking to default them (unknown passwords). I guess we'll just install new drives in them.

Maybe worth opening an Avaya suport case on one? The admin guide still shows the reset button method, but that doesn't work with 5.0 or 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back