Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Letting a dial in user see the network neighborhood how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adikell

Technical User
May 12, 2001
IL
Hye

For a broadcast to traverse (NETbeui) between two networks and to merge the network neighborhood icons through netbeui "screams" i'v scceeded.

But can any one tell me or post a configuration for a dial in user who connects to an access server via a telephone line (asynchronous) and wants to see the internal network neighborhood "servers" on his computer ?

Thanks

ADI

If you enable the NetBeui protocol for the RAS client you should be able to see NetBeui resources on the network it's dialing into.

Is this an NT Domain? Why not you WINS if it is? It should help reduce network broadcasts of Netbeui on both dial-up and LAN. Just a suggestion, both ways will work.

John

thanks for the advice
but...
the main purpose was to enable broadcast in general not the icons , who was an example , specifically , due to applications that demands that option.
There is the cisco command "IP-HELPER ADDRESS" that , as i'v said ,helps you traverse the broadcast through 5 predefined ports (NETBeui included), and u can determine others as well...

So thanks again and other advices will be most appriciated

ADI

this comand will no give you the sources of the node you are accessing but will only let you view the node on netbuei portocol

o.k.
I didnt understand the last answer at all.
If u can suggest a solution
do not just through up words .
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back