Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Letters on beginning of lines missing when printing from Outlook 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn

Technical User
Jan 19, 2003
FI
When i print a message from Outlook Express 6, the couple first letters of every line do not fit in the printing area and are left out.
This happens only on this one computer and only with Outlook. Word and other programs on this computer print out fine and other computers with Outlook print fine.
I printed over network to several different printers and this problem occurs every time so this problem can't have anything to do with the printer itself.

Can anyone please give me a solution to this problem, or even good tips!?!?

Thanks.

I have the same problem with one client using Outlook or Outlook Express. However the problem is only with HTML emails not with Plain Text emails. This only started a couple of weeks ago.

I would also like to find a solution.

Regarding printing: garbled text or missing text in email printing when using Outlook 98/2000 was always caused by a printer driver being corrupt or messed up. I refer to network printing in particular.

The straight forward best approach was to reduce the printer driver to the smallest common denominator...e.g. if the printer in use was a HP5si, remove and replace the printer drivers with those for a basic HP4 driver and the garbled/missing text problem would disappear.

There is more to this issue, but this was the direct workaround in common practice.

Jan

I have the same problem with one of my boxes, i6t misses a letter on every line when printing html e-mails.
Am i then to assume that changing the printer driver on this computer will fix the problem?

something i just thought of, our printers are over a network, when we install a printer it automaticaly installs the relevent drivers, so how do i install different drivers?

Jan,
can you enlighten me about the other issues to this problem?

I changed the printer driver but that did not change the situation. The html messages still miss the first letter of each line in the body of the message. The printer is directly connected to the PC. Also if I print to a network printer it does the same thing, but if I send the email to another PC it prints OK.
I can get around the problem by pressing the reply button and changing the format to plain text and then printing.
Why people don't use plain text in the first place I will never understand.
Alan

Here's the solution, outlook doesn't print html, it uses the I.E settings, click on file-page setup and set all borders to 19mm within I.E.,then print.

Rodhspt above there had the right idea! But with my problem, the borders were originally set to 19mm. First I changed them to 0mm, but it didn't help.

Today, ispired by the last reply, i changed the borders to 5mm AND IT WORKED!!!! It goes beyond my reasoning how, but it worked!

NO MORE PROBLEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back