Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lets solve this infamous exporting issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lechon

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
CA
i used to be able to export video 2 my digital camcorder, no problem. since i installed my new harddrive, i get the infamous export problem (playback on the camcorder only gives me the blue screen and/or extremely choppy video).

i know this is a software issue since it worked b4, and currently works on my friends computer. iv read other forums to solve this and these are the possible problems:
-something about a firewall existing that hinders export? (i dunno about this since i didnt change anything in terms of that)
-XP has some self healing features that replace system and driver files with those that are Microsoft digitally signed from a driver cache stored in the Windows directory.

any1 with suggestions / tips / solutions? it seems iv read so many w the sam eissue, but no solution.

i've got this same problem with my new system [shuttle xpc sn41g2 with a nforce 2 geforce4 mx chipset] using a Sony PC-101 but it works completely fine on my old system also running windows XP. i was dead sure it was some hardware problem, but after reading your post, i'm thinking it must be both software and hardware conflicts. =T

i've just figured out that it in fact is a hardware problem concerning the firewire ports. i am hoping that you have onboard IEEE 1394 ports, because here's a solution: install a separate PCI firewire card. something about the onboard firewire ports is just not working with premiere, i hope they address this problem with adobe premiere pro =T

Hi kohpeeboy

I also have a shuttle xpc sn41g2 with a nforce 2 geforce4 mx chipset and am having the same problem. I don't use Premiere but have this problem with three other different video editing packages. I suspect hardware at the moment as my camera also works fine on other PC's. When I go to output i just get a blue screen (sony D8 cam) and blank recording. Did you ever get your Pc looked at or find an answer to fixing the on-board firewire as I really need my PCI slot.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back