Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Less cost route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2002
US
I'm not expert (or much less) but I have two MD110 at work each in different sites, both connected.
In one of the plants (call it "A") I pay long distance calls where in other I don't (name it "B").
In short, I would like to have somehow my calls from "A"
be routed thru "B"'s PBX so I don't pay long distance in the first site.
They told me about thing called "Less cost route".... Any more info about that?
Thanks!

Damian
Argentina

Hallo,

I think, you mean: Least Cost Routing (LCR).

There are a lot of commands to make:

nansi (numtyp=lc), lcldi (for Defaultrouting), roddi (for changing dest-numbern), lcddi (for LCR itself).

What do you want to know and to do exactly?

Oh yes, Least Cost Routing.

I'm from IT and know too little about Ericssons.

I was wondering if this LCR method could allow me to do what I want. Save money by having a site with long distance fee have the calls to a certain destination being "made" by/routed to another "connected" PBX which is local call fee.

About the commands, I think I'll have some expert do it
because it won't be easy as changing the time of the PBX... :)

Just for curiousity: basically, how would I have the calls in PBX "A" be routed into PBX "B"?

Hallo,

lets assume: in PABX A you have the destination 999 to reach the PABX B via tieline. If user dials 999, he has the cheapest call made. All is ok. But if the user ignores the 999 and tries to dial the expensiv public number, than LCR will work.
If your destination to the public PSTN is for example "0" (common in germany) and the number for PABX B is 030 (for Berlin) and 99622 (local) and 111 (extension) then you must have a programming like follows:

nansi:numtyp=lc,numse=0;
("0" ist now supervised by LCR and now MD will deliver public dial tone after dialling 0, but a trunk is not engaged yet)
lcldi:lim=1,ac=089,dest=990;
(Defaultrouting to the real dest, 990 must be assigned in roddp for public route; ac is not really important; all dialled numbers with 0, which will not be found in dnt-tables, will go this way)
lcddi:tab=fdt,frct=1,dest=999;
lcddi:tab=dnt2,entry=0 030 99622,trc=9,pre=999,frct=1;
(by trc=9 all entry will be deleted and substituted by 999, now you have the digits 999111 - call will be routed.

MB

Thanks a lot, DEMIBE2, your information is very valuable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back