Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LES 9700 || Close Stuck Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabexon

Technical User
Feb 28, 2021
CL
Hello guys.
i have some checks stuck in db, because an user deletes the menu item inside of it.
do you know if there's a thing like a stored procedure (like RES3700) to close this stuck (corrupt) checks?
thanks in advance!

Found some info in my old data but manual steps.
Need SQL Knowledge and Access to the Database.

The option in 9700 3.0 RMC to clear guest checks by RVC is now greyed out and can not be used. This was done as part of the software changes as the guest check file is no longer seperated by revenue center, and if you cleared guest checks in one revenue center, all guest checks were cleared for the entire system. The intended use for clear guest checks in earlier versionss is no longer part of 9700 3.0 and thus has been disabled. The option under revenue centers to clear guest checks will be removed in a later version but will remain greyed out until this is done.

In 9700 3.0, you can alter the SQL database checks table to make the check stop showing up in the open check report.
This is not a certified solution and has not been reviewed by any engineers, but it works nicely.

Try this:

Go the check CHECKS table in the MICROS database (usually MCRSPOS)
Right click and choose open_table, then query.

Query for the check in question. Just add this line after the existing lines in the query field:

WHERE CheckNumber = 204 (204 is an example. Put your check number OR put a range like this:
WHERE CheckNumber > 202 and CheckNumber < 208

In the results from the query go to your check and change three fields :

1. CheckClose = 8/2/2005 9:21:45 PM (enter a valid time shortly after the CheckOpen time that shows)

2. Status = 00000000000000000000000000100000 ( I do not know what this number means exactly, only that the other checks had this pattern or one other pattern with a second 1 in there which likely represents that those checks needed to be batched in the ccbatch - and my ghost check was all zeros which is no good)

3. CloseStatus = 2 (seems that 0 is a bad number for this and 1 is open and 2 is closed)

After changing the field by typing in the new data, click the red exclamation point at the top of the window.

Now the check should not show anymore in the open check report.

It Works
thanks dude, you are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back