Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lengthen NEC Uinverge outbound interdigit delay timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

John in Texas

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2017
US
I have a NEC SV8100 Uinverge PBX with WebPro V9.5. When dialing a call, the amount of time allotted before I complete dialing the target outbound phone number is often times too short. It is about 4 or 5 seconds before I get a tone indicating that I dialed too slowly. I believe in the NEC Univerge world, this is referred to the 'outbound interdigit delay timer'. I cannot find where to change this value in WebPro. I appreciate any constructive guidance. [bigsmile]

Thank you Ragnorak for the quick reply!

I went to 21-01-03 and was surprised that the current value is '6' as I was expecting a '4' or '5'. In any case I liked the description and thought it matched the issue I want to address. I changed the value to '10', hit apply, waited a few seconds and tested only to find the timeout was not changed. I'm not sure why. I then changed it to '15', hit apply, tested and still no improvement to the delay timer. I'm not sure what else may need attention. Is a reboot required?

Just to be clear, when you say:

"It is about 4 or 5 seconds before I get a tone indicating that I dialed too slowly."

is there a 4 or 5 second delay after you finish dialing and then you hear the tone?
What type of trunks do you have? It could be telco timing out because your 8100 waited too long to send the digits. This would especially be true if you have a PRI.

At any rate, it sounds like you would benefit from setting up ARS.
Through ARS you can tell the 8100 to send the digits immediately after a specified quantity of digits are dialed.

Thank you PFD45 for replying.

During the outbound dial, when we pause too long between entering digits, we will hear the tone in 4-5 seconds. For example if I'm dialing a 10 digit local phone number and I pause after entering the area code longer than 4-5 seconds, I will hear the time out tone.

We have a PRI from our Telco provider.

Is setting up ARS to dial after 10 digits are entered a difficult process? BTW: all local calls here require 10 digit dialing.

Here's an update.

I believe ARS is currently being used although possibly not correctly. Even though my inter-digit timeout value in 26-01-02 is set to '30', taking more than 4 or 5 seconds between digits while dialing any outbound number gets a too-slow tone, ending the dialing process. It appears the way I have things setup, ARS is not queuing the number being dialed and then turning it over to the Telco, but instead as soon as dialing begins, our SV8100 gets a trunk line from the Telco and the Telco's time out value takes effect. What might I be missing to cause the ARS to queue a dialed number until completion or time-out before turning the entered number over to the Telco for a trunk to connect the call?

I realize that having the ARS queue phone numbers being dialed will add total dialing time, but it is probably worth it to control our inter-digit time out parameter as well as other possible benefits. I could ask our Telco to modify their time out value to us, but have not had luck with requests to them in the past. Any additional suggestions are certainly appreciated.

belevedere - 10-03 : PRTA (PRT) Configuration, 08 is set to Enbloc Sending

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back