Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legitimate address shows as spoofed

Status
Not open for further replies.

teqmod

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
US
I have a VPN tunnel running from our main office to a remote office. We recently added another machine in the main office and I added this machine to the VPN tunnel so that the remote office could access the machine. When I try to ping the machine from the remote office I am seeing the response show up as a "spoofed source address". Does anyone know how I can tell the firebox to allow the ping response?

Here is the output from the firebox. I am trying to ping the 192 address from the 10 address:

10/24/06 10:29 firewalld[147]: deny out eth2 60 icmp 20 64 192.168.200.9 10.10.10.34 0 0 (spoofed source address)
10/24/06 14:40 firewalld[147]: deny out eth2 48 tcp 20 64 192.168.200.9 10.10.10.34 443 3850 syn ack (spoofed source address)

Open up the Policy Manager and then do th follwoing:

1. Click on Setup => Intrusion Prevention => Default Packet Handling and then uncheck the option for 'Block SYN Flood Attacks' and also uncheck 'Auto-Block source of Packets not handled'. Click on Ok

2.Click on Setup => Intrusion Prevention => Block Ports and then uncheck the option for 'Auto-block ports that attempt to use Blocked Ports'. Click on Ok

Save the configuration onto the Firebox and check it out.

I got this working, The new server has both a public and private IP address on 2 seperate NICs using the gateway for the external as the default. I set up a static route so that the internal NIC goes to the remote office and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back