Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend v7 r9 & mlm007 AA3 - Can't get it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigheas537

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2002
US
Ok, I know that you don't have to be a braniac to figure out this stuff, but I just cannot get the 3rd automated attendant on my system to answer calls. I have to be missing something simple, or I don't have the necessary equipment to perform this operation. My current configuration is as follows:

CKE4 Processor
408 MLX GS/LS
408 MLX GS/LS-ID
408 MLX GS/LS-ID
408 MLX GS/LS-ID
008 MLX GL-ID

008 MLX GL-ID
MLM-007 w/2 ports

AA1 is programmed and is picking up the calls as desired (trunks 801-824 which are all pots lines), delayed during the day and immediately when night service is turned on.

AA2 has one trunk assigned, which is used to forward to an adjunct which has a live extension as a principle user.

AA3 I want to answer a pool of 3 trunks on the same schedule as the other two. I made a calling group with no members, which is a linear hunt and auto login as the type. This is group 771. In MLM admin, created a voicemail box of 771 with COS 17.

So far nothing has worked. I added the three trunks to AA3, no good. I removed all but the 1st trunk (since they are members of a pool), again no good. I tried deleting the trunks and adding 771 as a line. Still no good. I setup an adjunct as a voice mail box with an extension as a primary user. That didn't work. I tried to setup a personal operator for that extension and still no go vroom vroom.

I do get AA1 to pickup these lines, but cannot get AA3 to pick them up.

770 is my integrated VMI group to which coverage group 30 is assigned as well as a trunk for direct dialing into a VMS back door.

I am getting gray(er) thinking of new ways to beat this thing at it's own game. Btw, Expanets programming support was no help atall.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might offer.

Signed

Lost in AA Limbo

Make sure that 771 overflows to the voice mail calling group, and assign the three trunks to calling group 771. This is what shuld happen, any of the three trunks are called, that rings DCG 771, no one is a member of 771, so it overflows (at 1 call) to the Voice mail calling group AA#3. That should do the trick.

Pepperz,
Thanks for the tip. I did get the lines to pickup, only they get answered by AA1 instead of AA3. I must've missed something. I am trying a couple of other configurations. I think that the options for AA3 are wrong. If I'm not mistaken, I have it set to direct extension transfer with an extension number starting with a 7 which is a valid choice for our sub-menu. I'm checking on this now. Again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back