Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend Text Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafmil

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
AU
I have some graphs in a crystal report with a legend. The labels in the Legend come from the query, therefore are dynamic. For some reason the legend always shrinks the font size. The graph is not very big and there is plenty of room for the legend to grow, how do I make it automatically do it. At the moment I am manually generating reports and changing each dynamic graph.

Thanks.

Try changing your options in here:
File > Options > Fonts > Charts

Depending on what version of Crystal Reports you have, this may or may not work. In CR 10, the chart legend will respond to a change of font, but not font size.

In my installation, the legend font size always defaults to 7 and I have to manually change it by right clicking on text in the legend and choosing Chart Options > Selected Item.

Thanks aks12 but this does not solve the problem. If I change the font size using Chart Options > Selected item the change only exists in the template, then when I run the report through my VB.Net application Crystal still changes the size by itself depending on the size of the graph image, even if I set the graph image size to small. I just need the font to stay the size that I set it when I run the report.

If all else fails, this problem is easily solved with our CRChart product (see @FONTSIZE macro).

-Dan

DISCLAIMER: This product costs money. I work for the company that makes this product.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back