Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend rotary dialing on trunks? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

altaphon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2006
US
Is there any way to make a Merlin Legend dial CO trunks using pulse dialing? We have a crossbar pbx here (more for fun than utility) and I am trying to avoid converting it to touchtone dialing. Rotary phones work fine on the Legend, but when they access trunks, each digit is converted to a touchtone burst.

A 1A2 key system behind a Magix...now that's a new concept.
What a brave tech you are..to still maintain that old equip.

I've been feeling old lately -- 30 is fast approaching. Avaya's phasing out of the merlin really affected me; I cut my teeth on Legends (though we still work on some 1030/3070s, 410s, 820s, etc).

This thread, however, makes me feel SO YOUNG. I've seen most of this stuff -- crossbar CO switches, steppers (one still working), cord boards and even worked on a few 1A2s, but you guys actually know how this stuff works! I would love to get my hands on an old stepping PBX or a cord board.

Thanks!

good luck finding a small 740pk step switch and if you do
hope you have room for it...

There have been a couple of small 740's on eBay recently, a 740BE Keylite and some other 740. I never liked step, I have two crossbar pbxs, a 755A and a Switching System 400, it's a bad disease.

where do you guys put this stuff...these switches are not
the smallest things ever made...I have a torn apart 555 swbd in the the process of reburb and it takes more room than I'd like...go figure...is their a doctor in the house!!

My wife is ready to kill me, my basement packed with old switching gear in various states of refurbishment and a few months ago I adopted a Dimension system from a long time customer that went VoIP you should have seen her face when she came home from the store and saw three refrigerator sized cabinets with the Bell logo in the garage where the car used to be.....:)

We may have to start a support group....

I can't believe a website like that exist..thanks for the
unfo

I can't believe a website like that exist..thanks for the
info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back