Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend/Magix PRI with DMS-500 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlinman

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
US
I am wondering if anyone has been able to implement a PRI with a DMS-500 Switch. If so, do you know how the DMS-500 was setup, and how was the Legend/Magix programmed.

I am running into more and more of these that just won't do PRI with a DMS-500.

Any info would be quite appreciated.

4ESS (N449PRI) would be "AT&T Custom" in the DMS-500.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

I don't have the specifics at hand, but aren't the parameters for AT&T CUSTOM the same for all NT DMS switches?

Any DMS switch people out there, care to comment?

....JIM....

From an old Post regarding DMS switches, and yes a DMS 500 supports all, or most all protocols, like the 250

1 U459PRI - 5ESS custom protocol. This will work for a basic PRI interface, but does not have the fancy features a 5ESS central office has for the 5ESS custom.

2 N449PRI - System 85 protocol

3 U449PRI - 4ESS custom protocol

5 NTNAPRI - DMS custom protocol. This is not a true NI-1 protocol since the maintenance messages use an older protocol discriminator information element.

6 NIPRI - This is Nortel's NI-2 protocol.

The DMS 100 switch can use all of the above. The DMS-250 can use all except the NIPRI protocol.

If you require the delivery of a calling name, then the the NI-2 (NIPRI) protocol must be used. As long as the PBX is fully NI-2 compliant, then there should not be any problems with NI-2. Fully NI-2 compliant means the protocol discriminator information element in the maintenance (service) message is set to 0000 0011. This can be tested at turnup by having the LEC person do a PMDEBUG to watch the messages. Then have the LEC busy then return to service one b channel. The LEC person can tell if the PBX is responding properly with the PMDEBUG tool....asuuming they know how to read it.

Adn yes the field L1FLAG in table TRKSGRP must be set to yes (Y). L1FLAG is a layer 1 flag.

Thanks again for some good info.

The vendor, at one place, and the Client from another that I was working with have yet to respond to my first bit of info, so I am waiting on them.

Keep the info flowing when you can, 'cause I am totally in the dark about the DMS.

I have always heard that the DMS-500 just won't work with the Legend/Magix. So now, with all your help, if we can get that to happen, this will be very valuable indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back