Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend line locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTouchTone

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
Forgot to mention in previous post...ONE line, 817 that has NO card (would be slot 6's line 1 which is empty) shows to be BUSY and I cannot renumber it to 617.....I rebooted the switch, checked board number and its still BUSY...WHAT can I do to fix this so I can change 817 to 617 (so I CAN assign 8 as the POOL code...right now its 88 :)
I saw this once before and the only way to fix it was dumb the switch to default on EVERYTHING....but I dont want to do that now..the switch is 4 hrs away.

Chris -

If I recall from your earlier saga, see if that slot is in Maintenance Busy. If so, release it, and then you should be able to renumber the line.

Cant release it...tried to restore the line and it fails...guess I need to put a card in the slot and maybe that will work...Slot is NOT maint busy and line is NOT assigned to any slot or port! Thats the problem I think..funny thing is all the other lines 818-880 was able to renumber with no issue...just this 1st one (17) is the PITA...

Have you tried doing a board renumber? Maybe it sees the wrong card in that slot. If you print the system setup are the correct board in there?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office

If the board renumber won't help, do a backup, default the little bugger and see if it is OK then restore the programming, if it comes back start reprogramming from scratch if not you are golden.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

You may want to print a report of system numbering plan to ensure you don't have anything else numbered 617 or that you don't have features assigned to line 817, e.g. Night service, line assigned to extensions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back