Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend DID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

careinc

Programmer
Mar 14, 2004
US
I am trying to program an existing Merlin Legend to accept the digits 0218 which are the DID digits that the phone company is sending over a T1. I will then assign 0218 to members, etc I have tried to get the Telco to change the DID number with no luck. Is there a way to get the system to accept 0218? Is there a way to know what is an acceptable DID and what is not?

I'd appreciate the help if possible.

Thanks much!

first of all, how are the digits being delivered? Analog or PRI, you can strip the leading digit, 0, and send it to a 3 digit extension. If it is being delivered by a digital t1 with two-way DID trunks, they cannot have a leading digit of 0. Either have them send 3 or change the lead. On a standard T-1, whatever digits they send you have to match the numbering plan.

Care, have you renumbered an extension to 0218? You said that you were giong to assign it to members? Is that a calling group DID with multiple users in it?If so, then what type of voicemail do you have?

MFurrer@charter.net

You can't have an extension number start with "0" (0218) because if conflicts with "0" for "Operator" which can't be renumbered.

Thanks all for your help.

Let me detail a little better what I am trying to do. I am trying to get a phone number that ends with 0218 to feed into the Legend system, and then the Legend system should forward to a telephony server on a TIE line. The TIE line is already connected and is working in similar fashion for other numbers. So the only problem is to figure out how to get the 0218 to transfer through the Merlin system to the right extension on the telephony server which is 5199. (I can already dial 5199 on the Merlin and the IVR in the telephony server picks up).

Any suggestions how to get this done?

Thanks.

The T1 feeding the Merlin system has this number coming over on it. It is a typical local flexpath T1 by Verizon. (Not a PRI)

see if Verizon can change the digits being sent on this number to 5199. You will not be able to accept 0218 as a number.

I have been trying to get Verizon to change the digits to 5199 with no success. Would you know who/which department to contact that can easily take care of that request? Would you have the typical description of that request to Verizon?.

Sorry, I am in Denver, so we don't deal with Verizon very much. I would start with their customer service dept. and maybe contact their provisioning dept. Why did they use 0128 anyway? Do you have a local phone vendor? They should have informed you of the conflict.

Unfortunately the local vendor that sells the local and LD services has been totally helpless. When we call Verizon, they pass it up from one bureau to the next. It has been going on for 2 weeks with no resolution to date. Is there any Local/LD services vendor that has the capacity to maneuver within the Telcos.

Would I be able to do anything here if I manipulated translations? Does anybody know how?

Cbeyond works for us here in the Denver area.

Are they available where you are?

Cbeyond is a good choice, unfortunately, they are only in Denver, Atlanta, Dallas, & Houston. If you are in one of those markets, let me know, I will contact my Agent manager for you.

You guys are great! and I really appreciate your desire to help. Unfortunately we are in the NY market. Do you know of any good responsive agent in the NY region?

I am in the PA market, I usually call special circuits, they are usually able to help, as long as you treat them right. The number is 1-800-452-2224. Again, I use this number everytime I have an issue with a circuit in PA, if anything, they will be able to point you in a direction for the NY market.

Have you asked Verizon to only send the last three digits (218) or to make the first digit any digit other than a zero (and probably a nine). It could be that nnn-5199 is already assigned to another customer.

Have you considered remote forwarding 0218 to a number assigned to you?

franke

FINALLY. Verizon changed the digits and it is now routing propoerly. Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back